From the threat of the West Nile Virus to the just downright itchy, swollen bumps left after their bite; mosquitoes are considered one of the most annoying parts about summer. Eliminating unwanted mosquitoes from your property can be as simple as eliminating any unwanted water.
At Joseph’s Affordable Plumbing, we do more than just provide the finest plumbing and boiler installation services in Bucks County, PA. We seek to supply you with the information you need to keep you and your family safe. With very little areas of water around your home can significantly eliminate the amount of mosquitoes around your home.
Ways To Do That
If you’re sick and tired of smacking yourself immediately after getting bit by a mosquito, follow these simple actions to eliminate any excess water that could be birthing ground for hundreds and hundreds of mosquitoes:
- Make sure there is nothing on your property that could collect rainwater. Old tires, empty buckets, blow up pools and empty flower pots can all collect rainwater for days following a rainstorm. Making sure objects like these are under cover will help cut down on mosquitoes significantly.
- If the above items can not be placed undercover, do your best to remember to dump out water following every rainstorm.
- Look for any low-lying areas around your property that can be in danger of flooding. Areas that can easy flood are the biggest contributing factor to if your home is under mosquito control all summer long.
- Check and clean your gutters and downspouts on a regular basis. Just because a clogged gutter is out of sight doesn’t mean it should be out of mind.
- Avoid putting out water bowls for your pets outback. If you do keep water bowls outside, make sure to remember to dump out and replace the water throughout the day.
- Keep a sharp eye on your recycling bin. Even if the cans are holding only the slightest bit of water, mosquitoes and other insects will be drawn to the recycling bin.
- If you store your recycling bin outside you’re going to want to make sure there are drainage holes at the bottom. If not, you can easily create drainage holes at home by using an electric drill.
- Maintain all pools and hot tubs with chlorine and proper cleaning. Mosquitoes can not lay eggs in flowing water, so a pools filter system keeps your pool safe. However, a neglected pool or hot tub can easily become a big contributor to a mosquito problem.
- For those with small children, make sure to dump out and stow away any inflatable pools. Even if you dump the water out, mosquitoes can still give birth in the smallest amount of leftover water drops.
Anyone who comes across mysterious flooding or puddling during this inspection may have a plumbing issue on their hands. Getting the problem inspected as soon as possible is necessary. Making sure you give us a call at Joseph’s Affordable Plumbing is just as important.
From boiler installation in Glenside, PA, to plumbing issues in Philadelphia, our team of expert technicians can handle any emergency you have. Give us a call at (215)-310-5945 or visit our website at https://www.josephsaffordable.com/ for more information.